Are you or a loved one living with osteoarthritis of the knee? Are you seeking osteoarthritis knee treatment? You may be eligible to participate in a clinical research study, evaluating the safety and effectiveness of a new investigational medication. OrthoIndy’s Dr. Jack Farr is enrolling patients at OrthoIndy South in Greenwood. Qualified study participants will receive study-related care at no cost.
This clinical research study is testing the safety and effectiveness of a new investigational medication, in comparison to a placebo, administered as a single injection in the knee. Qualified individuals will participate in a 28-week study period with approximately six in-person visits and three telephone visits.
What is knee osteoarthritis?
Arthritis is the inflammation of one or more of your joints that causes potential cartilage and bone degeneration. Osteoarthritis is the most common type of arthritis and is usually found in joints that hold your weight, like your knees, hips and lower back.
People with osteoarthritis of the knee may experience:
- Pain worsening with activity
- Stiffness in the knee joint
- Limited range of motion
- A grating sensation from your bones rubbing together
What is the best treatment for osteoarthritis in knees?
Unfortunately, there is no cure for osteoarthritis currently. However, surgery is usually avoidable, and your physician will first prescribe a nonsurgical treatment option. There are several choices to help alleviate your pain.
- Over the counter medication
- Physical therapy exercises
- Occupational therapy
- Cortisone injection
- Tissue and cell injection
- PRP injection
- Weight loss
You or a loved one may qualify if you meet the following requirements:
- Are between 40 to 80 years old?
- Have been diagnosed with osteoarthritis of the knee?
- Have been experiencing pain due to osteoarthritis of the knee for at least 26 weeks?
- Are willing to complete an electronic diary on a daily basis in the evening for the duration of the 28-week study?
- Have not had a partial or total joint replacement surgery in either knee?
- Are not using a structured knee brace daily for support?
To see if you or a loved one qualify, please call 317.884.5163
If you don’t believe you are a candidate and considering surgical options, learn how to relieve joint pain with a total knee replacement.
Schedule an appointment
Your well-being is important to us. Click the button below or call us to schedule an appointment with one of our orthopedic specialists. If your injury or condition is recent, you can walk right into one of our OrthoIndy Urgent Care locations for immediate care. For rehabilitation and physical therapy, no referral is needed to see one of our physical therapists.