OrthoIndy Hospital is the best facility for total joint replacement in Indiana, according to a recent study by Healthgrades, the leading online marketplace for connecting patients and specialists.
Additionally, OrthoIndy Hospital is the only hospital in Indiana to be included in Healthgrades America’s 100 Best Hospitals for Joint Replacement in 2023. With a focus on 18 significant specializations across a range of surgical, urgent care, and chronic specialty areas, Healthgrades evaluated the clinical performance of about 4,500 hospitals nationwide for the State Ranking research.
In every state, the top-ranked hospitals by Healthgrades consistently provide their patients with clinical outcomes that are better than what they had anticipated. For instance, patients receiving care at hospitals with a state ranking for joint replacement have a 62.5% reduced risk of problems than patients receiving care at hospitals without a state ranking for joint replacement.
As OrthoIndy celebrates its 60th anniversary, John Ryan, CEO of OrthoIndy, reflected on this latest achievement. “Our Joint Replacement program has always been a source of pride within OrthoIndy with fellowship-trained surgeons specializing in hips, knees and shoulders. I’m most excited for our staff being recognized as #1 in Indiana for Joint Replacement. They go above and beyond in their efforts year after year. When we get awards like this, it’s gratifying to know that it’s not just our patients saying we’re the best, but our industry as well.“
Perennial Success for Patient Outcomes
OrthoIndy was also recognized with the following achievements:
- America’s 100 Best Hospital for Joint Replacement for 2 Years in a Row (2022-2023)
- Joint Replacement Excellence Award for 4 Years in a Row (2020-2023)
- Five-Star Recipient for Total Knee Replacement for 16 Years in a Row (2008-2023)
- Five-Star Recipient for Total Hip Replacement for 10 Years in a Row (2014-2023)
- Five-Star Recipient for Spinal Fusion Surgery for 10 Years in a Row (2014-2023)
“The awards always follow the outcomes,” Ryan added. “Our total joint replacement program is successful because we see to it that our patients are successful in their recoveries.”
Furthermore, the following awards were also given to OrthoIndy Hospital by CareChex:
- #1 in Indiana for patient safety in Major Orthopedic Surgery
- #1 in Indiana for patient safety in Spinal Surgery
- #1 in Indiana for patient safety in Spinal Fusion
- Top 100 in the U.S. for patient safety in Joint Replacement
- Top 100 in the U.S. for patient safety in Overall Surgical Care
- Top 10% in the U.S. for patient safety in Orthopedic Care
Schedule an appointment
Your well-being is important to us. Click the button below or call us to schedule an appointment with one of our orthopedic specialists. If your injury or condition is recent, you can walk right into one of our OrthoIndy Urgent Care locations for immediate care. For rehabilitation and physical therapy, no referral is needed to see one of our physical therapists.