Fourth of July, also known as Independence Day, is a fun holiday filled with family, food and fireworks. Massachusetts was the first state to recognize it as an official holiday and it’s now celebrated in all 50 states.
Whether you spend your Fourth of July on the lake or in your backyard, it’s important to celebrate the holiday safely.
OrthoIndy Urgent Care is open for any slip or fall accidents that may occur when you are outside enjoying the holiday.
FIND AN ORTHOINDY URGENT CARE NEAR ME
Common 4th of July injuries
From playing in the pool, running around outside or a simple accident, Fourth of July activities can lead to some of the following orthopedic injuries:
Other common 4th of July injuries
- Injuries from a car accident due to increased traffic flow in neighborhoods
- Burns from fireworks misfiring
- Cuts and wounds from playing outdoors on playgrounds or in the backyard
5 tips on how to prevent 4th of July injuries
- Keep an eye on your children while they are swimming or playing out in the yard.
- Make sure all matches and lighters are stored somewhere children cannot reach or find.
- Leave it to the professionals to set off the larger fireworks.
- Watch for oncoming traffic if you are near or in a neighborhood.
- Drive slowly and be on the lookout for pedestrians in the streets or crossing the road.
OrthoIndy Urgent Care or visit the emergency room?
If you do experience an injury, visit an urgent care. At OrthoIndy Urgent Care, you will experience shorter wait times and the visit will be less expensive compared to visiting an emergency room.
However, there are times when you should visit the emergency room. If you do experience a firework related injury, such as a burn or open wound, please visit the emergency room and seek medical assistance since OrthoIndy does not treat those types of injuries. OrthoIndy’s highly-skilled trauma surgeons are on-call exclusively at the trauma center at Ascension St. Vincent Indianapolis.
The following chart will help you determine the best course of treatment for your injury.
MAKE AN APPOINTMENT WITH AN ORTHOPEDIC SPECIALIST
Schedule an appointment
Your well-being is important to us. Click the button below or call us to schedule an appointment with one of our orthopedic specialists. If your injury or condition is recent, you can walk right into one of our OrthoIndy Urgent Care locations for immediate care. For rehabilitation and physical therapy, no referral is needed to see one of our physical therapists.